FIREARMS TRAINING & CLIENT PURSUIT STAFF
We're looking for the right people to join our team of high energy, passionate instructors and support staff, who'll be a key part of the great adventure of training armed professionals in Canada.
Please send your resume and cover letter embedded into an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (kindly don't submit an email with any attachments).
A minimum of two references are required. All applicants will undergo a practical interview to ensure a good fit.
We value integrity and knowledge – but above all, a passion for learning and sharing knowledge with others. Our team must be flexible and robust in their mindset, and eager to learn new and related skills. As a start-up, we’re still small and must be able to work as a team to accomplish all of our missions.
• Teach basic marksmanship habits, coaching and correct safety concerns.
• Setup, operate and maintain simulated training environments.
• Continuously learn about teaching a variety of firearms, handling and marksmanship habits supported by the company – and pass on your knowledge to the team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide/support firearms coaching, training and simulation technology.
• Build a wide network of professional clients, acquiring and serving those clients with distinction and pride.
• Develop a high degree of technical and practical knowledge in the application of simulation technology to firearms training, as well as live firearms training.
COMPENSATION, TIMING & LOCATION
Starting at $20/hour, we're happy to also include incidentals and travel expenses when required.
It's possible that it may be necessary to travel within Ontario for a few days at a time. Compensation commensurate with experience, and might come with a commission where applicable.
This is part-time work with the potential to become a full-time career. The work is to be done primarily in Toronto and the surrounding area, with a majority in person with our clients or team. A work vehicle will be provided when necessary.
This position entails working consistently on a schedule of approximately two to four 8-hour shifts per week to start, planning ahead at least a month to prepare the shift schedule with the rest of the team. Typical operating hours are 2pm -10pm or 6pm to midnight and could be any day of the week.
• Canadian Armed Forces or police veterans, or other emergency services backgrounds.
• Firearms instruction experience.
• Possession and Acquisition License holder in Non-Restricted and Restricted Firearms.
• 4+ years of experience handling firearms in a professional capacity.
• Experience employing Meggitt Training Systems simulators or similar is an asset.
• Use of Force training or qualifications.
• Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality programming experience or extensive use.
• Government of Canada Security Clearance Reliable or better.
• High level of physical fitness and mental toughness.
• Passion for firearms training and simulation technology as well as Virtual/Augmented Reality.
• A high degree of integrity, drive and discipline.
• Excellent communication and time management skills.
• Minimum 4 years of experience training, leading or managing teams in high risk/stress environments.
• License to acquire/possess firearms (or willing to get a firearms license if you don’t have one).
• Valid driver’s license.
• Basic proficiency and understanding of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).